When a leading manufacturer of fiber optic and copper communications system solutions for voice, data and video network applications had successfully operated a prototype production line and was ready to put production in full speed, a new facility was required to house two production lines, with preparations made for two future lines and a future prototype line.
The new facility of 250,000 square feet was programmed, designed and built in less than six months.
R.E. Warner’s scope of service for the project included:
- Site development.
- Development of plant equipment layouts including sizing the building for the receiving and storage of raw material, finished goods and five production lines.
- Industrial engineering studies to determine throughput of raw and finished goods to determine storage requirements for raw and finished goods.
- Electrical power and cost studies to determine the power requirements and costs for the new facility.
- Coordinate power and substation cost and installation requirements with power company.
- Design of HVAC for the warehouse and office building.
- Architectural layout of the office facility and warehouse.
- Mechanical studies and layout of the plant cooling water system, in-slab water drainage system, material supply system and sanitary system.
- Development of a plans and specifications for the electrical power installation.
- Project management for the project including scheduling and project control.
- 250,000 S.F. Production Warehouse and Office Building
- Fast-track design and construction completed in 6 months
- Greenfield site required
- All utilities and site improvements