R.E. Warner provided professional engineering services for the stamping department expansion at an auto manufacturer plant which involved the installation of an additional press in a building expansion.
The new press required a 40-ton crane for die movement operations, conveyor pits to the existing baler and press foundations. The new stamping press was installed in an expansion east of the die maintenance area consisting of a standard framed construction with a bay for a 40-ton crane. Six docks with a light framed structure to serve material services were also added east of the stamping bay.
- Project was completed surrounded by existing operating facilities.
- Press pit installed after building shell completion to speed construction.
- Revit was utilized to create construction documents and coordinate existing facilities tie in.
- Existing foundations were modified to add an additional column line on the same foundations
- Conveyor tunnel running tied into the existing system between existing building foundations.
- Crane runway design per AIST TR13 with crane loading reviewed to balance crane value with cost of structure.