The Procurement Engineer applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Oversee purchases of technical equipment for Electrical Substations & Transmission Line Engineering. Collaborate with designers and engineering to determine the equipment needed to complete manufacturing or construction projects according to specifications, research, and vendors for that equipment, then order it.
- Analyze technical data and specifications to determine the equipment needed for projects.
- Evaluate equipment suppliers and negotiate purchasing agreements for equipment.
- Devise, implement and oversee procurement strategies to meet cost savings targets.
- Administer supplier and vendor contracts.
- Ensure that purchases comply with commercial, legal, and contractual obligations.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the nature and function of purchased equipment
- Provide answers needed between vendors and engineering.
- Ensure delivery dates are met with each individual equipment.
- Coordinates work of his/her discipline with other disciplines.
- Promotes the use of and participates in the development of client design and production standards.
- Maintains neat and organized work area to allow efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- Attend weekly equipment team meetings.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree required, with specialization in the electrical discipline.
- EIT is preferred. May be working towards PE certification.
- Valid Ohio Drivers’ License.
- 1+ years of previous design experience.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes and National Electrical Code is a plus.
- Must keep current on the “state of the art” in their design specialty through review of periodicals and continuing education.
- Proficient in the use of computer for procurement operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, vendors, and the client.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- Ability to delegate tasks and duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.