The successful candidate will have 3+years related Piping/plumbing design experience. Responsible for complete designs including all drawings, specifications, scope of work and bill of materials for the Project Manager’s approval. Performs routine design calculations and analysis. Reviews the design and analysis of others for standard projects. Prepares hour estimates and construction estimates and assists with preparation of project scope.
- Production of utility, process, and/or plumbing pipe routing and layouts.
- Knows and follows design tasks for preparation of drawings including piping plans, sections, details and isometrics
- Knows, follows and reviews design tasks for completion of routine and simple pipe routing and layouts.
- Knows, follows and reviews techniques for documenting bill of materials.
- Knows, follows and mentors in drafting techniques for preparation of drawings including piping plans, sections, details, isometrics, PFDs and PIDs.
- Coordinates other disciplines’ tasks with their own.
- Knows and follows techniques for Estimating engineering manhours / construction cost estimates.
- Knows and follows techniques for pipe support design.
- Learns and applies techniques for routine and simple hydraulic calculations including incompressible and compressible flow.
- Learns and applies techniques for calculating thermal expansion, heat transfer and stress analysis of piping systems.
- Learns and applies techniques for documenting project scope.
- Prepares and proofreads piping specifications.
- Prepares equipment specifications.
- Assists in the preparation of reports.
- Research routine code issues.
- Performs field measurements independently.
- Maintains neat and organized work area to allow efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- Responsible for whatever duties are required to deliver a quality project.
- Responsible for meeting their scope, schedule and budget on projects.
- Follows company design and production standards.
- Keeps current on “state of the art” technology in mechanical design through review of periodicals and continuing education.
- Technical or Associates degree in mechanical design from an accredited technical institution or college.
- Must have knowledge of applicable codes.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit software operation obtained from related experience or education.
- Proficient in the PC / windows environment with experience in e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a team player with co-workers, support staff, supervisors, other agencies and the clientele.
- Possess integrity, sense of responsibility, and independent judgement.
- Ability to delegate tasks and duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Possess excellent analytical skills.
- Possess attention to detail.