The Electrical Engineer/Technician oversees purchases of structural equipment for Electrical Substations & Transmission Line Engineering. Collaborate with designers and engineering to determine the equipment needed to complete manufacturing or construction projects according to specifications, research, and vendors for that equipment, then order it.
- Analyze technical data and specifications to determine the equipment needed for projects.
- Evaluate equipment suppliers and negotiate purchasing agreements for equipment.
- Devise, implement and oversee procurement strategies to meet cost savings targets.
- Administer supplier and vendor contracts.
- Ensure that purchases comply with commercial, legal, and contractual obligations.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the nature and function of purchased equipment.
- Provide answers needed between vendors and engineering.
- Ensure delivery dates are met with each individual equipment.
- Coordinates work of his/her discipline with other disciplines.
- Promotes the use of and participates in the development of client design and production standards.
- Maintains neat and organized work area to allow efficient access to project information required by other team members Attend weekly equipment team meetings.
- AS or BS in Engineering desired, with specialization in the structural discipline. Technical degree also desired.
- Valid Ohio Drivers’ License.
- 2+ years of previous experience in or knowledge of the steel industry.
- Knowledge of Electrical equipment.
- Proficient in the use of computer for procurement operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, vendors, and the client.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- Ability to delegate tasks and duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in the PC/windows environment with experience in e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.